We wear our jeans about a bazillion times more than we do those costly gems, and that too with the pride of having bought them with our own hard-earned money.
However, many a times the joy and hopes of looking one’s best are gunned down by not being able to find the reflection of one’s soul in the denims that one sports. Now, we know that buying a pair of jeans is riddled with many ifs and “butts” (pun intended), hence you should see read this short guide to clinching that one blessed and perfect piece.
It’s easy, really! Just look out for the body type that relates to your own, and Voila! You’ll find the right fit to complement and flatter that beautiful body of yours.
- Rises – If you want to show off your height, go for a high rise, but if you want to make your legs look proportional, a low rise will work wonders.
- Inseams– If you want to go for a smart look, long inseams are the way to go as they will make you look sleek and clean.
- Skinny Flares– You can also get away with skinny flares if you have the height to pull it off. Don’t go with baggy flares as they will overwhelm your shape, so make sure the flare starts below the knee and is snug about the thighs.
2. Rounded or apple shaped
- Skinny Jeans – Skinny jeans can look really good when paired with a floaty, gypsy-style top.
- Rises – If you are curvier and you want to hide your stomach, going for a pair of high rise jeans is recommended as that will miraculously hold everything in. If you are on the slimmer side, low-rise jeans can give you a more curvy appearance.
- Trouser Jeans – If you want to balance things out, go for a pair of trouser style jeans as the wider leg from hip to foot will help with proportions.
3. Pear shaped
- Boot-cut or wider flares – These will help balance out the hips and keep your legs in proportion with the extra fabric around the calves.
- Larger pockets – It’s important to enhance your booty since you are blessed with it, so look for larger back pockets as small ones can make it look bigger.
- Jeans with smaller waists – The illusion of the tiny waist will help accentuate your delicious derriere.
- Long inseams – Having a longer length means you can wear heels under your flares and boot-cut jeans. This will of course elongate your legs and make them look slimmer.
- Higher rises – Go for jeans with a higher rise as they will balance out your shape.
- Stretch denim – Always look for stretch denim as it will hug your body better, creating a sleek silhouette. Plus, it’s not as restricting as rigid denim!
4. Hourglass and curvy
- Skinny Jeans – Skinnies are the most flattering on hourglass shapes. Your chest and hips are already in proportion to each other so showing your legs off in skinnies only highlights that point. A boot-cut jeans can actually overwhelm you and hide your frame.
- Skinny flare – If you want to do flared jeans, choose a pair that is tight and skinny all the way to the knee and then give off a slight flare for a flattering look.
- Medium size back pockets – Don’t go too big or too small with your back pocket sizing, it’s important to enhance your butt. So choose wisely!
- Higher rises – The waistband will sit at the smallest part of your waist, this will also give the illusion of an even slimmer middle.
That’s all, ladies! Now go and bag yourself that piece of denim.