Though it might feel like being the black sheep is quite a bummer, it really isn’t. It’s good to have no expectations from you so that instead of buckling under pressure you can explore all that you want to do or be. To all the black sheep out there, embrace the lack of family pressure and grow into your own beautiful self.
If you’re confused about whether you are a black sheep or not, just take a look at the points below. If it fits, you sits.
1. You’ve crossed the age of 25 and you’re still not married.
2. You’ve got a bunch of tattoos (more so if you’re a girl).
3. Your parents have given up asking about your career plans.
4. You don’t get invited to all the family get-togethers.
5. Your family talks more about you than with you.
6. Nobody in your family gets your sense of fashion.
7. When you accomplish something, your parents are shocked.
8. You’re the most joked-about member of your family.
9. Nobody ever says, “Be more like (your name)” to your siblings and cousins.
10. You feel closer to your friends than your family.
11. You don’t think of ‘success’ as having money and material things.
12. You’re a rebel at heart who hates the words ‘compromise’ and ‘settle’.
13. You’d rather pretend to be dead than meet your extended family.
14. Your siblings say, “At least I’m not like (your name)!” when they’re caught doing something wrong.
15. Your parents lie about your job/lifestyle when they meet people.
16. Your parents have used the line, “Where did I go wrong?” on you.
17. Sometimes you do things just to annoy your family members.
18. When you think about it, you don’t rely on or fully trust your family.
19. You’d rather be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.
20. When others joke about you being adopted or switched at the hospital as a baby, you think, “Very likely”.
21. Your upbringing didn’t affect you; you’re still your own person and not your parents’ shadow.