Kolkata, the capital city of India’s West Bengal state, is home to various attractions, both ancient and contemporary, and is known for its grand colonial architecture, art galleries and vibrant cultural festivals. And because of these many attractions, the city has been dubbed as the ‘City of Joy’, ‘City of Palaces’ and ‘Cultural Capital of India’.
Indeed, Kolkata has immense attractions to showcase and take away the breath of the visitors. So in this post we bring for you some of the best aerial view photos of the city that would surely make you feel the urge to pack your bag and start heading to the Cultural Capital of India. Take a look.
1. The city at a glance
2. City view focusing the one and only Salt Lake
3. Ganges view from Howrah side
4. View of the Eden Gardens and the Ganges with the majestic Howrah Bridge
5. The beautiful Victoria Memorial
6. View from a flight
7. City showcasing the Howrah Bridge
8. Night view of the city, focusing on Birla Planetarium