Feel lonely around and just need a good friend? Only dog owners will know the true happiness in waking up to a furry face wagging tail. If you have always been thinking about bringing a pet home, here are some reasons why one must surely own a dog.
1. Studies show that having a dog will increase your happiness levels in general.
2. Dogs are not only your companions but they are wonderful energy boosters as well.
Owning a dog can decrease levels of depression, blood pressure and stress as well. They truly have a positive impact on your life and can help you relax after the day’s strangling stress.
3. As you have heard before, they are a human’s best friend.
They are intelligent creatures who are blessed with special sense of smell, sight, and hearing. They can also sense human body language, emotions, and feelings.
4. Dogs protect you without caring for themselves.
As I said, they are loyal and fierce. They don’t like their owner being troubled. They are also alert and don’t mind attacking strangers coming to the owner’s space.
5. Dogs are blessed with a strong sense that can smell the symptoms of cancer.
There have been many researches over this and it was proved that if dogs smell something like this they will continuously lick or sniff those parts of your body.
6. They will always welcome you home like its the best thing that has ever happened to them.
They will jump here and there, cuddle you, lick you all over and cheer you up.
7. You will most likely have a healthier lifestyle.
Dogs force you to exercise and play around with him, even if you don’t want to. But after some point, you will also enjoy it because you have a good company.
8. You always have someone with you and he is the best companion you are blessed with.
You will forget the feeling of loneliness because when everyone is busy, you can simply share your emotions with your bestie. He will always listen to you.
9. They teach you what responsibility is.
They are just like babies; they make you responsible and compassionate. Love that you receive from dogs is the highest kind of love.
10. You don’t have to worry about wasting food.
Dropped some food while putting it on your plate? It’s okay because your dog will soon lick it and clean the floor as well.
11. Researchers say if you own a dog at an early age, you lower the risk of developing allergies.
12. Owning a dog makes you awesome.
The responsibility, patience, selflessness, and commitment that come with having a dog make us stronger, all-around better people.
14. They teach you life lessons.
Because owning a dog can give you a lot of happiness, losing one can really turn your life boring and bad. The average life of a dog is not as long as your own life span. So losing a dog also teaches you to deal with loss.
The dog-human relationship is a two-way street, and always shares a strong bond.
Adopt a dog, don’t buy a dog.