Not many people respect Arnab Goswami as a journalist because of his brassy voice and infuriating debates. And most often, we had even switched off our TV sets because Arnab’s deafening voice was killing the value of a news. Still, despite that, he is considered as the game changer in the news industry, and a flagbearer of Independent journalism. Though his methods were aggressive, but very often, his impact was significant.
In November 2016, he quit his ‘Times Now’ legacy to start his own news channel, Republic. While the nation awaits to listen to him, he shared his personal and professional thoughts on Indian Journalism on Reddit AMA. After reading his answers, you might appreciate his hysterical humor.
1. He finds TVF’s Arnab better than him.
2. He enjoys interviewing Rahul Gandhi. What?
3. The inside politics.
4. At least someone likes him.
5. It is not easy to be in Arnab’s shoes.
6. He admired the notable editor, Vinod Mehta.
7. He thinks BBC is outdated.
8. No fucks to give.
9. For him, India comes first.
10. He is equal with everyone.
11. What is the real goal of ‘Republic’?
A loud anchor has a soft humor too.