Some Indian tourists can get on your nerves. These cheesy tourists form a unique species and spotting them isn’t hard.
Here we list out 13 annoying travellers. You may have spotted most of them in your area already.
1. The weirdo whose eyes are carved for staring and mouth for whistling
It’s literally like this. If they see a female traveling alone, or in the absence of male company, they will stare at you without blinking. Hotel lobby, bus, train, on the road, inside cars, they think whistling at you is the best way of getting some attention.
2. “We are family” and we’re meant to cramp together
Blame it to our economic conditions or our love for each other, The Big Indian Family will always buy lesser tickets than required. Everyone will sleep in everyone’s laps, and even if they’re travelling in a 4-inch square space, they will exchange packets of chips, chew gums, peanuts, and, not to forget, pakodas.
3. If you’re visiting a Hill Station, monkey caps and layers of woolens are mandatory
They believe that hill stations never experince summers! It’s going to be chilling even in the months of June and July, and that they can’t step out of the bus or train without a monkey cap or dozens of sweaters.
4. So what if it’s freezing outside? I will still wear a miniskirt
Inspired from Hindi movies, where the heroine dances in the snow in a mere chiffon saree, newlyweds have also taken it in their hands to dress like that. The girl will wear a miniskirt and the guy besides her will roam around in burly wollens.
5. I will pee anywhere, because everyone else does it too
We’re improving and becoming conscious about not littering around, but peeing? Well it’s nature’s call and since everyone does it anywhere why should I not?
6. The eating monsters! Indian homemade food is going to stain everything yellow
Indian food has lots of turmeric in it, and since Indian travelers will always carry their “Dabba” from home, you can expect to see yellow nails, yellow fingers, and yellow stains everywhere after they’re done eating.
7. Daydreaming and Loud snoring in broad daylight
Traveling is the best time to get lost in dreams, but it looks like the average Indian traveler can sleep endlessly, dream endlessly and snore endlessly.
8. Let me tell you my story! Which is probably very sad and distressing, and you must cry
God save you if you have to sit by the side of a chatty aunty or an old uncle! They want sympathy, they are desperate to share their misery and no matter if you’re interested or not, they will keep going on till you start crying.
9. Will you marry my son? He is very handsome and earns really well, you two can make great kids
The sex ratio is India is declining and the biggest proof of it is aunties travelling in buses and trains. Their eyes are on you. You could be the wife of their well earning handsome son. And the son is always handsome and smart!
10. The overly helpful co-passenger, who thinks he’s sent by God to serve Humanity
There’s a special breed of Indian co-passengers, who regard themselves as god sent helpers and no matter how much you resist, they will carry your luggage, get you tea, and not let you get up from your seat or let you be alone even for a minute.
11. Accept my Facebook friend request! You have internet on your smartphone, right?
Some of them will first see if you have a smartphone and if you’re using the internet on it. In case you are, they will push you into accepting their friend request in front of their god damn eyes.
12. Please let me make one phone call, or the Gods will curse you forever
We carry cell phones, but most of the time we don’t have the balance to make a call. So we catch co-passengers, scare them with freaking curses if they don’t let us make that one most important call.
13. Let’s take a selfie, the journey with you was memorable
This is an extension of the facebook friends, who also want a selfie with you, and post it out to show others they met a very sweet person who made the journey so memorable.