One of the most prestigious university in our country, Amity University, has campuses in India and abroad. Here are some lesser known facts about the varsity:
1. Amity was India’s first private university slated to implement reservation based on caste for both faculty as well as students.
2. Amity F1 Racing Car designed and constructed by Amity’s mechanical engineering and aerospace engineering students was used in an official racing event.
3. Indian Army held an exhibition of its weapons in Amity University in 2015 to create awareness among students about army.
4. Amity offers a course in Forensic Science in its Dubai campus.
The place for detectives!
5. Amity Law School in Delhi is affiliated with well known Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
6. Apart from the IITs and Delhi University, Amity University has made an entry to the Asian Universities Ranking 2014 published by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
It is one of 17 varsities from India to be included in this list. In 2014, Amity University has been named by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) as one of Asia’s top 300 universities.
7. Amity trained 22,000 volunteers for the 2010 Commonwealth Games held in New Delhi.
8. The Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the brand ambassador of Amity University.
9. Dhoni’s bat sport the logo of Amity University.
10. Amizoner, an app developed by Amity University students is used for ‘Attendance Monitoring & Planning’ for Amitians.
11. Inspired by Humans of New York, Amity students, too, have their own active Facebook and Instagram page called ‘Humans of Amitians’.
12. Amity University tied up with Manchester United Football club to organise soccer programs for students.
13. Amity University has also been awarded with Palmer Award by Wharton University.
14. Amitasha is the philanthropic chain of schools of Amity to educate underprivileged girls free of cost.
15. Aditi Arya, Miss India 2015, studied at Amity International, Delhi.
16. Amity Jaipur and Amity Noida are recognised by UGC.
17. Amity University in London is recognized by Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education in the United Kingdom.
18. Amity University Lucknow campus is the not only the most beautiful among all Amity campuses but also among all campuses in the whole of Uttar Pradesh.