Here is a good news for all people who love traveling by air or who have to do so often because of their lifestyle – if a proposed safety feature is implemented, air travel will soon be a very safe mode of travel. Is that not good news?
Ukrainian aviation engineer Vladimir Tatarenko, who devoted much of his life to inventing a life-saving capsule that can help thousands to survive aviation accidents, has claimed that ‘surviving in a plane crash is possible’.
Tatarenko says that people are wrong about air disasters as 80% of them happen due to human error.
So, after five long decades of research, Tatarenko received a patent on the invention of the escape capsule system, which has been designed to rescue crew and passengers of a civil aircraft in case of emergency.
According to him, the capsule can detach during emergency situations; it can detach during take off as well as during flight and even during landing. The following GIFs will help you understand how Tatarenko’s invention can help save passengers in case of any flight emergencies.
1. The permanently attached cabin is replaced with a detachable capsule.
2. The detachable capsule can detach during take off as well as during flight and even during landing.
3. It can land safely on the ground, with the help of parachutes.
4. Passengers can safely disembark after the capsule lands on the ground with the help of parachutes.
5. Even if it fell in the ocean, it can land safely on the water without sinking, due to flotation devices.
Tatarenko also proposed a similar safety system in 2013. This system envisages that the capsule with seats for passengers and crew is installed inside the aircraft’s fuselage. It could detach through the rear hatch of the aircraft within two to three seconds in case of almost all emergencies – engine failure, fire on board, technical problems triggered by bad weather conditions and other troubles.
1. As the above one, this system too has a detachable capsule which can detach during take off as well as during flight and even during landing.
2. Under this system, the capsule with seats for passengers and crew will detach and land safely with the help of parachutes.
3. Passengers won’t drown in the water even if it should fall in the ocean.
However, Tatarenko says the system can not save lives if an explosion occurs inside the airplane or if it comes under a rocket attack.