Built two years ago at a huge cost of Rs.110 crores, the Jaisalmer Airport in Rajasthan has not has a single passenger ever since it started functioning. Maintained by the Airports Authority of India, the Jaisalmer airport is an edifice of failure.
1. Dust covered seats are pictured inside the lounge of the Jaisalmer Airport.
2. A signboard is seen outside the airport. Not a single passenger has passed through the gates of this airport.
3. A baggage carousel inside the Airport.
4. A milestone is seen outside the Airport.
5. Basins in a washroom at Airport.
6. A dog walks past the main entrance of the Jaisalmer Airport.
7. Baggage trolleys at the Airport .
8. Exterior view of arrival lounges.
9. Solar panels are seen inside the premises.
10. Signage display.
11. Dust-covered seats inside the lounge of the Airport.
12. Bones of dead animals lie in a road outside the Jaisalmer Airport.
13. A security guard walks outside the arrival lounges.
14. Departure and arrival sections.
15. Signage display inside the Airport.
16. Airport buildings reflection in a puddle after rain.
17. A baggage carousel.
18. An exit gate of the Airport.
19. Satellite dishes are seen fixed on the boundary wall of the Airport.
20. Stones lying inside the premises of the Airport.
Credit : REUTERS/Anindito Mukherjee