A poet is someone who is consciously lost in his thoughts, keeping the affairs of the world aside. Born as a poet is a blessing as you see the world with a different vision and captivate the reader with your magical words. It is a natural gift which one should be grateful for. But not everyone is talented enough to showcase their gift, very few are born with it. Here are some signs that confirm that you are born to be a poet.
1. Whenever you read your literature school books, you skip the lengthy chapters and complete reading the poems first.
2. You invented a new term called a “Bathroom poet” and took your passion to the next level.
3. You don’t accept any birthday gifts unless it is a poetry book.
4. You are so naturally gifted that you published your own collection of poems at the age of 14.
5. You always know the best poetic proposals that no girl could refuse.
6. And even your break-up is poetic.
7. You are always the first choice to recite the patriotic poems for Independence day.
8. All the girls by the name of “kavita” have a soft corner for you.
9. You watched Farhan Akhar’s ‘Karthik Calling Karthik’ because he is Javed Akhtar’s son.
9. The reason you get so many online dating proposals is because you have put your best romantic poems on your tinder profile.
11. All you ever dream of is sitting alone in the Ladakh terrain and writing poems on nature.
12. You have a collection of scrambled sheets in your room like nobody else.
13. You even tried writing with a feather to get the “Feel” of the Shakespeare’s poems.
15. You missed your CBSE boards exam to watch Gulzar Sahab poetry concert.
16. The only time you get angry is when you can’t find the right word to express your feelings.
17. You don’t care about boards exams or a college degree as you very well know that you will end up as a Bollywood song writer.
18. You personally wrote an open letter to Vikramaditya Motwane thanking him for making ‘Udaan’.
19. And also requested him to make “Udaan 2”, promising him that you will provide him the funds.
20. You actually wanted to kill ‘Rosesh’ of “Sarabhai vs Sarabhai” for obvious reasons.
So are you a poet?