Be it winter or summer, ice creams are the most favorite sweet delicacies we can enjoy. Ice cream lovers can salivate at the mere mention of strawberry, vanilla and chocolate flavors. And, with the festive season already in full swing, you can experiment with newer ingredients and impress your friends with your culinary skills. Prepare mouth watering ice creams at home this season. For your help, we’ve compiled a list some quick time ice cream recipes you can’t go wrong with. Here’s the list of the top 7 mouth watering ice cream recipes that will surely tingle your taste buds.
7. Pistachio Nut Ice Cream:
¾ cup sugar, 2 cups heavy cream, 1 cup whole milk, 1/3 cups shelled pistachio nuts, Pinch of salt, 6 large egg yolks, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon almond extract and ¾ cup pistachios, coarsely chopped.
- Grind 1/3 cups of pistachios. In a saucepan, warm milk, sugar and a cup of cream and salt, stir well.
- Stir in groundnuts. Remove from heat for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the warm nut mixture, pressing on the nuts to extract as much liquid as possible, and discard the solids.
- Return the milk and cream mixture to the saucepan. Pour cream in a separate saucepan and cover with strainer.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg yolk and pour the warm mixture into egg yolk. Stir constantly over medium heat, until thick.
- Pour the custard through the strainer and stir it into the cream. Add the vanilla extract and almond extract and stir until combined.
- Refrigerate until cold and freeze into ice cream maker.
6. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream:
1½ cups whole milk, Pinch of salt, ¾ cup granulated sugar, 4 egg yolks, a teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 cups heavy cream, divided, 3 drops green food coloring, 1½ teaspoons mint extract and ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Warm 1 cup of the heavy cream, whole milk, granulated sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan over medium heat
- Pour 1 cup heavy cream into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks. Pour the warm mixture into the egg yolks. Constantly stir over medium heat, until thick.
- Pour the custard through the strainer and stir into the cream. Add vanilla and mint extracts and food coloring.
- Chill the mixture and then freeze.
5. Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream:
6 egg yolks, 1 quart strawberries, 1 cup granulated sugar, divided, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, divided, 1 cup whole milk, ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 whole vanilla bean, 2 cups heavy cream and pinch of salt.
- Place ¼ cup of the granulated sugar, strawberries and the lemon juice in a food processor and pulse 2 to 3 times. Transfer the strawberry mixture to a container and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Warm 1 cup of the cream, the milk, salt and the remaining ¾ cup of granulated sugar in a saucepan set over medium heat. Let it remain for 30 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolk in a separate bowl. Add the warm mixture into egg yolks slowly. Continuously stir over medium heat, until thick.
- Add custard from the strainer and into the cream, and then add in the vanilla extract. Remove the strawberry mixture from the refrigerator and add it to the cream mixture, stirring to fully combine.
- Chill the mixture and then freeze.
4. Classic Vanilla Ice Cream:
2 cups heavy cream and 1 cup whole milk, ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise, 3 cups heavy cream, ¾ cup sugar and Pinch of salt.
- Add a cream cup into saucepan with salt and sugar.
- Then scrape bean of vanilla and add it to the pot. Warm it over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add 2 cups cream and vanilla extract.
- Chill the mixture and then freeze in the ice cream maker.
3. Cinnamon Ice Cream:
5 egg yolks, 1 cup whole milk, Pinch of salt, broken up, 2 cups heavy cream, divided, ten 3-inch cinnamon sticks and ¾ cup granulated sugar.
Heat the milk, salt, 1 cup of the heavy cream, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a saucepan. Again heat the cinnamon infused mixture. Add the rest of the heavy cream in a bowl and cover with a mesh strainer. Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl. Pour the warm mixture into egg yolks, whisking continuously. Stir the mixture over medium heat until think. Pour the custard through the strainer into the cream. Chill the mixture then freeze it.
2. Chocolate Ice Cream:
Makes about 1 quart- 1 cup whole milk ,3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 cups heavy cream, 5 ounces semisweet chocolate,¾ cup granulated sugar, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, Pinch of salt and 5 large egg yolks.
- Warm 1 cup of cream with cocoa powder in a saucepan
- Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate. Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Warm the milk, sugar and salt in a separate saucepan. Slowly pour warm milk into egg yolk. Stir the mixture over medium heat, until it thickens.
- Pour the custard through the strainer and stir into the chocolate mixture and then stir in vanilla.
- Chill the mixture and freeze it in your ice cream maker.
1. Butter Pecan Ice Cream:
½ cup water, 2 large eggs, 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 cup chopped toasted pecans, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1 cup packed light brown sugar,1 cup heavy cream and 1 cup whole milk.
- Mix salt, water and brown sugar and boil in a saucepan.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and then slowly beat in the syrup.
- Cook in a double boiler, stirring constantly till the mixture reaches 175°F.
- Add unsalted butter and stir until melted.
- Strain into a bowl and refrigerate.
- In a separate bowl add whole milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Beat the cream until soft and fold into egg mixture. Freeze the mixture to get your yummy ice cream.