As per the famous Bollywood song, ‘Punjabiyaan di battery charged rehndi hai, chaubbi ghantay’, applies to all Punjabis, be they anywhere on the planet. Punjabis are inherently super energetic and enthusiastic, who are not only fun loving and open-hearted, but they also naturally gifted with the art of living life without holding many regrets. Punjabis are inexorably witty and have an amazing sense of humor. They very often snap jokes on their own selves to have a hearty laugh later. Known to spread love and happiness all around, it is absolutely true that the world wouldn’t be half as interesting as it is now, in the absence of the jovial Punjabi’s. Don’t you agree? So let’s read out the 30 fun signs to identify a hard core Punjabi…
1. If the drink isn’t a Patiala Peg, then for sure it isn’t a drink!
2. You know you are a Punjabi when you say Cloney, and you don’t really mean George Clooney… you actually mean Defence Cloney!
3. You know you are a Punjabi when you know at least one Sweety, Tony, Sunny, Honey and Jassi… followed by Parminder, Dharminder, Satinder, and Jatinder in your family!
4. You know you are a Punjabi when your three course meal includes Butter Chicken, Butter Naan and Butter Milk… of course!
5. Every Punjabi party is incomplete without people dancing and singing out loud-‘Ishq tera tadpave’!
6. You know you are a Punjabi, when you name your national bird as Tandoori Chicken!
7. You know you are a Punjabi when every time you reply ‘Oye, Koyi ni yaar’ for every ‘Shit Happens’ situation!
8. You know you are a Punjabi when you posses a Bullet motorcycle, Ray Bans, Jutti and Jeep with Woofers!
9. You know you are a Punjabi when you use 5 types of different ‘gaaliyan’ in one single sentence, on someone you truly love. Now that’s more like it!
10. Punjabis are probably the only people who proudly call their girlfriends ‘Woofers’ and themselves ‘Amplifiers’!
11. It does not really matter if you hail from Andhra Pradesh, Bangalore, Kerala or Tamil Nadu, a Punjabi will always think you are a ‘Madarasi’!
12. You know you’re taking to a Punjabi when you are nicknamed as ‘Khote de Puttar’ or ‘Ullu de Patthe’!
13. UK & Canada are the foreign branches of Punjab.
14. You know you are a Punjabi when P for you stands for ‘Panj Mint’. No matter how near or far a Punjabi is from you, he will always say that he will reach in ‘Panj Mint’!
15. You know you are a Punjabi, when you possess the 6 important Punjabi keys – Saanu Key, Tennu Key, Aay Key, O Key, Hoya Key and finally Te Fair Key!
16. You know you are Punjabi when your natural response to any question is-‘Avaiyee’!
17. You know you are Punjabi when you love to repeat almost everything! Roti-Shoti, Butter-Shutter, Dhol-Shol, bhangre-Shangra, Daaru-Shaaru….and the list goes on!
18. You know you are a Punjabi when ‘Othello’ is not a Shakespearean play; instead it’s all about giving directions to rikshawala!
19. You know you are a Punjabi when you have ‘Aaloo de Paraathe’ as a light breakfast!
20. You know you are Punjabi when the tastiest meal on earth for you is-‘Langar’!
21. You know you are Punjabi when you can do the ‘bhangra’ to the sounds of a generator!
22. You know you are a Punjabi when you can define disaster in a single word-‘Syaapa’!
23. When ‘Rajmah-Chawal’ brings a huge smile on your face, you know you are Punjabi.
24. You certainly know you are a Punjabi, when your grandmother thinks you have gone ‘kamzor’ even when you are overweight!
25. Any conversation between two Punjabis for more than 15 minutes can only be about food!
26. You know you are a Punjabi when you are not well and everyone in your family turns into a doctor!
27.You know you are hard core Punjabi when you define the 4 versions of Java as – Mar Java, Mit Java, Lutt Java te Main Sadke Java!