On the internet you never quite know what goes viral. A post or an image might suddenly start circulating through likes/comments/shares. More than often, something going viral doesn’t guarantee its authenticity. Here are 23 times in 2015 when pictures went viral only to be pulled down later after their Photoshop stories revealed.
1. NatGeo photographers attacked by a bear
FAKE! The bear was very cleverly Photoshopped into the picture!
2. Paris Hilton is shockingly insensitive
FAKE! Media, stop being so desperate.
3. Dubai’s supermoon at Burj Khalifa
Certain editing elements do enhance a picture, but I don’t think we need such exaggerations.
4. Obama has a unique style of holding a phone
Photoshop really has unique ways to make headlines these days.
5. Was Marie Curie born in the DSLR era?
Common sense, dear Photoshoppers!
6. A 21st century photograph posted as a 1950 picture
All it takes to go from one era to another is a B&W filter?
7. Einstein returning after a Nuclear Test
This Photoshop is pretty good, I must say.
8. This anti-drug advertisement was just mind-boggling
Thank the heavens, it turned out to be a FAKE.
9. The giant whale in Venice
Wasn’t it already so unbelievable?
10. The weed party in 1920
Did the teens do this to show their parents how cool their parents were?
11. Look, there’s a dragon in the sky!
How cool is that? *sarcasm*
12. Princess Diana asked the world to f**k off!
Oh really? Impressive Photoshopping.
13. He’s the happiest elephant in the world
This is one adorable Photoshop job!
14. Floating kitchen chair in space
This is hilarious. There’s no set bar for things going viral!
15. This incredible shooting star is no star, it’s a space shuttle
The long exposure after the launch of this shuttle caused this to look like a shooting star
16. Vladmir Putin in 1988 shaking hands with US President, Ronald Reagan
Putin was 36 in 1988. Or, he has whatever Benjamin Button had!
17. An overview of the world’s highest mountain
It was claimed to be the highest peak as seen from space. Apparently, it’s Photoshopped.
18. Photograph from the Pearl Harbor attack
This colour picture from Pearl Harbor attack is clearly fake. It’s a snapshot from a movie.
19. Incredible full moon in Australia
The Photoshop work is indeed incredible.
20. Potato sauce, unfortunately, isn’t a reality yet
The viral picture is fake and there’s no potato sauce.
21. Salvador Dali’s photograph with Picasso’s signature was fake
He never signed Picasso. He just drew a caricature of a woman.
22. The black lion got us hooked
But it wasn’t really all that black. It was Photoshopped!
23. The famous Diwali picture of India
This picture was not released from NASA like we were told.