Who said animals don’t need friends? It might be little weird for you to believe but interspecific friendships do occur more than you can ever imagine. Check out some of the most unusual friendships below ranging from adorable to bizarre.
1. Tinni the dog and Sniffer the red fox
These two met in the forests of Norway.
And they hit it off right away.
This real-life fox and hound have been friends ever since.
2. Torque the dog and Shrek the owl
Torque adopted the owl chick when he was only 6 months old himself, but he became a great mom to the bird.
3. Bubbles the elephant and Bella the black lab.
Even though Bella is a fraction of Bubble’s size, they are best buds.
They love swimming and playing together.
4. Fred the Labrador and Dennis the duckling
This duckling’s mom was killed by a fox, but Fred stepped in as a surrogate parent.
5. Mabel the chicken and her puppies
Mabel became a family pet after being injured. When she came inside, she began looking after the family’s puppies. Aww.
6. Milo the dog and Bonedigger the lion
Milo took Bonedigger as a cub under his wing, because the little lion had a metabolic bone disease.
Now, the lion is still best friends with Milo and his friends Bullet and Angel.
7. This stray cat and fox
These two were spotted playing on the shores of Lake Van in Turkey.
Their wild friendship is adorable.
8. Manni the wild boar piglet and Candy the dog
This wild boar piglet was found starving in a field.
A family rescued him and their Jack Russell Terrier befriended him right away.
9. Wild deer and rabbit
An animal photographer caught this real-life Bambi and Thumper playing.
Too cute for words.
10. Bea the Giraffe and Wilma the Ostrich
The space is completely open, they just choose to be around each other.
The two met at Busch Gardens on a 65-acre enclosure.
11. Sher Khan, Bhaloo and Leo
They are three happy and healthy friends.
These three animals were kept by a drug dealer, but were rescued together.
12. Kasi the cheetah and Mtani the labrador
These two were raised at Busch Gardens Tampa together.
Even as adults, they are friends. This couple visits schools together.
13. Suryia the orangutan and Roscoe the blue tick hound
Together, these two live at an endangered species reserve in the US.
One day, Roscoe followed the orangutan and her handlers home. He never left.
14. Kate the great dane and Pippin the deer
Kate adopted Pippin as a fawn. Eventually, the deer moved back into the forest, but still visits the family from time to time.
15. Anjana the chimpanzee and tiger cubs
The tiger clubs were flooded out of their enclosure during a hurricane.
Luckily, Anjana and her handler were happy to take care of them.