1. Each one of us was madly waiting for the epic clash between India and Pakistan, but the way our brave BSF jawans rejoiced and chanted “India Jeetega” was really heartwarming.
Only a jawan can describe such a pride emotion.
— ANI (@ANI_news) June 4, 2017
2. Then, the moment came. The two pillars of the Indian team, Shekhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma, stepped on the field.
Billions of heart started their prayers.
3. Just when Shekhar and Rohit started to gain momentum, the rain gods had a different plan.
At that time, we actually thought this match won’t continue.
4. Wait. But she knew that this would happen.
The journalist, Mayanti Langer, was prepared well.
— DhananJay 😎 (@DJayWaleBabu) June 4, 2017
5. But little did we know that the God of cricket, Sachin Tendulkar, was in the stands.
Hence, the match had to happen.
6. Eventually, the rain stopped, and Virat Kohli’s spectacular six signaled his return.
— Nikhil Chinapa (@nikhilchinapa) June 4, 2017
7. Can Yuvi be left behind?
After a while, Kohli took the back seat and Yuvraj’s master strokes became the highlight of the match Post the win, Kohli said in a conference,
“Yuvi took pressure off when I couldn’t get runs. The way he was hitting the ball, I felt like a club batter in front of him”.
8. Though Pakistan bowling attack failed to create any impact, their fielding was even more terrible.
Hassan Ali dropped a sitter from Yuvraj Singh, and Faheem Ashraf, the substitute fielder, dropped Virat Kohli’s catch.
If I had to summarize their fielding strategy in one go, here it is:
— Vinit Rane (@vinit_j_rane) June 4, 2017
9. Pakistan’s struggles mounted as thier two bowlers left the field injured, and Yuvraj’s gesture kept the spirit of cricket alive.
— ICC (@ICC) June 4, 2017
10. In the end, Dhoni was not missed because Pandya did his job.
Just one of the jokes from the internet:
11. Meanwhile, Vijay Mallya was spotted with Sunil Gavaskar and, we kind of know why:
— TimeChor (@TheTimeChor) June 4, 2017
12. When Pakistan team came to bat, they had a sloppy start. It was Jadeja’s spectacular throw to dismiss Shoaib that became the turning point.
— Johnson (@JohnPawanism) June 5, 2017
13. But Jadeja had an embarrassing moment, too, when his pants dropped down while fielding.
— Viebhav Sharma (@Mighty_Brahmin) June 4, 2017
14. As Pakistani team continued their poor show, this photo sent a beautiful message.
After all, it is just a match.
— ViNee!! (@Vineet_1502) June 4, 2017
15. Surprisingly, Sehwag knew that Pakistan would lose, again.
This is what he had tweeted last June.
Wow! Just 1 year remaining for #IndVPak
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) June 4, 2016
Wah Paaji wah!