Ever since the emergence of the Indian Film industry, rain songs have always been an inseparable element. From the classical black & white to modern 3D cinema, some of the most romantic panoramas in Bollywood have been portrayed in the backdrop of adorning rain moments. Sometimes, these rain songs rendered the affection or eagerness of lovers and sometimes the natural phenomenon demonstrated the weeping of a broken heart.
So let’s recall all those trickling melodies and take a look at some of the most brilliantly directed Bollywood rain songs.
10. Sanson Ko Sanson Mein – Hum Tum – 2004
Picturized for the moment when Karan (Saif Ali Khan) and Rhea (Rani) reunites again and Karan admits his love for her; the song had topped all the charts in 2004. At the end of the year, it grabbed an awarded for being the “most romantic track for the year” and also won awards for” best lyrics” and “female playback” too.
9. Jo Haal Dil Ka – Sarfarosh – 1999
The lyrics of this song are written by Sameer and played in the backdrop to boost the passionate love between Sonali Bendre and Amir Khan. Singers Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik lend their voices to the song that became an instant hit with the Indian audience.
8. Dekho Naa – Fanaa – 2006
When Rehan (Amir Khan) and Zooni (Kajol) decides to spend their last night in Delhi together, rain pours down from the heaven as a blessing to their eternal love.
7. Aha Rimjhim Ke Ye Pyare Pyare Geet Liye – Usne Kaha Tha – 1960
Certainly an excellent song, Aha Rimjhim Ke Ye Pyare Pyare Geet Liye was picturized around Sunil Dutt and Nanda. Sung by Talat Mahmood and Lata Mangeshkar, the music was given by composer Salil Chowdhury.
6. Bhaage Re Mann – Chameli – 2003
Carefree singing by Sunidhi Chuhan and a rapturous performance by Kareena Kapoor in the rain makes this song an all time favorite rain songs. The music for the song was composed by Sandesh Shandilya and lyricist Irshad Kamil gave it more substance and meaning.
5. Mere Khwabon Mein – Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge – 1995
Besides the fact that Shahrukh and Kajol make a beautiful on screen couple, the song was extremely melodious and vividly harmonized with engaging voice of Lata Mangeshkar.
4. Zindagi Bhar Nahin Bhoolegi Wo Barsaat Ki Raat – Barsaat Ki Raat – 1960
From the magical voice of Mohd. Rafi to unrivaled beauty of Madhubala and heart touching music from Roshan, the track had a perfect blend that any Bollywood song could ever ask for.
3. Lagi Aaj Saawan Ki Phir Wo Jhadi Hai – Chandani – 1989
Beautifully picturized and sung by the soulful Suresh Wadekar, Lagi Aaj Saawan Ki Phir Wo Jhadi Hai despite being 20 years old still radiates happiness in the listeners.
2. Dum Dum Diga Diga Mausam Bheega Bheega –Chhalia – 1960
This is an evergreen song done by Kalyanji Anandji and brilliantly harmonized by the lovely voice of Mukesh Sahab and flawlessly performed by the true entertainer Raj Kapoor.
1. Hai Hai Ye Majboori – Roti Kapda Aur Makaan – 1974
This song is one of the most beloved songs ever sung by Lata mangeshkar on featured on the hottest Bollywood Queen Zeenat Aman with lyrics from Santosh Anand and music by Laxmikant Pyarelal.
- Best Arijit Singh Songs To Match Your Every Mood
- Best Bollywood Romantic Songs To Express Your Unsaid Feelings
- These Neha Kakkar Songs Are The Perfect For Your Every Mood
- Top 10 Most Insightful Songs in Hindi Movies
- 15 Of The Best Patriotic Hindi Songs You Should Have On Your Hard Drive
- Top 10 Hindi Songs to Sing in the Shower
- 20 Evergreen Kishore Kumar Songs For Your Every Mood
- 11 Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Love Songs Perfect For A Romantic Date
- Old Hindi Songs Which Are Always Loved. The Unforgettable Hits