As a fresher, your expectations from your newly-found job is more than what it can deliver. It appears as if day-by-day tragedy is unfolding in front of you. However, with time not only do you get accustomed to it but also join the race. Later on, you happen to laugh at any fresher who joins the organization. Don’t worry, that won’t be considered mean!
1. Working hard for appraisals
You wait for performance appraisal but are left in shock with peanuts added to your salary.
2. Getting leaves when required
You feel that you are doing a crime by asking for a leave.
3. Having enough time for family
All your time is spent in office not necessarily working, but pleasing.
4. Your work being appreciated
With every task completed your expectation of getting an appreciation dies.
5. Sitting at the best desk ever
All your hope is shown the door!
6. You are going to have outings often
The day just doesn’t come!
7. Believing you’re a smart whip
Until the day you entered office, you were smart but now you are just like everyone…confused!
8. Enjoying daylight during office hours.
You forget what sunlight looks like.
9. There will be weekend offs
Being called to office on weekends to work for some irrelevant project.
10. Enjoying your meals with fellow colleagues
Not really! You might have to grab a bite alone.
11. You boss will be a wonderful mentor
All your misery is created by him.
12. Having too much work to have time to get bored
Sometimes you get lost in the laptop screen because of boredom.
13. Becomming financially independent
Paying your bills and taxes makes you more dependent.
14. Waking up everyday for a fresh start
Only if you could catch a good night’s sleep.
15. Making new friends in office
Hmm…more of competitive friends sprouting office politics.
16. Heading the team someday
The year ends and you are left wondering what you are doing.
17. Doing wonders during presentations
Giving presentations becomes a nightmare as you fear being grilled.
18. Doing work that makes a difference
More of taking orders than really working.