Although dating rules are rapidly changing and it is no longer taboo for girls to make the first move, there is amongst us, a breed of shy girls, who wouldn’t know how to use this liberty. They hardly have the guts to talk normally to their crush, let alone asking him out on a date. But no matter how hard they try, no one can hide love. Sometimes, it’s written all over the face, and at other times, every small and big gesture made, speaks for one’s feelings. If you are shy, these are the things you will closely relate to while crushing on someone.
1. Shy girls often smile more at their crush than others.
Whether consciously or unconsciously, a shy girl’s biggest weapon is her smile. Smiling at her crush every time he passes by, with eyes set on the ground, only looking up occasionally to catch a glimpse of their crush.
2. They laugh without any reason, more often out of nervousness.
Shy girls laugh and giggle more when they run out of words on seeing their crush. They’ll laugh at the most stupid jokes cracked by their crush, only because they don’t know what else to do.
3. They’ll be fidgety as hell, not knowing what else to do with their crush in front of them.
If they’re sitting directly opposite from their crush, shy girls will normally start fidgeting with hair, tapping their feet or just looking here and there, to distract themselves, rather than confront their crush.
4. They constantly battle the urge to go say ‘Hi’ to him.
But they’d rather deal with it than go and approach their crush.
5. Bring face-to-face with their crush makes them go so crazy; acting weird and regretting later is common.
They may start asking stupid questions, walk away in the middle of a conversation, or start muttering random things. Trust us guys – they have no clue of what they are doing.
6. They will interact with every guy except the one they’re crushing on.
This is a typical shy girl. She will be confident and open with other guys, but would go mum in front of her crush.
7. Blushing is so constant; every time they are around their crush, their cheeks fill up with red.
This is the foremost sign of a shy girl crushing on someone. Every time he looks at her, she will get red and blush even more.
8. They will never be able to confess their feelings to their crush.
If not her crush, at least her friends will be able to guess her shyness and the reason behind it. But, never expect them to open up in front of their crush so easily.
9. Though shy in expressing their feelings, shy girls aren’t so shy when it comes to stalking their crush.
They’ll stalk their crush on social media websites. They’ll try and follow him everywhere he goes, just to get one chance to get him to notice them.
10. Whether intentionally or not, if their arms brush against their crush’s, they will rejoice in that moment for days and sometimes months.
She is doing this just to make a connection and to get your attention.
11. They get butterflies meeting their crush, but they aren’t as shy when text chatting.
A shy girl fears face-to-face conversations with her crush. But if you guys start texting, chances are she will soon open up to you.
12. They will become friends with their crush’s friends in order to get closer to them.
Just to get the attention of her crush, she will become friends with his friends before him. She will try to impress his friends, to increase her chances to be liked by him.
13. They’re bad at flirting and if they try, it may ruin things forever.
Although she wants to flirt with her crush, shy girls don’t know how to. Oft times, they may spoil things by trying to be someone they’re absolutely not.
14. Shy girls are planners.
They think a lot before uttering even a word. They don’t want to sound stupid. If they are meeting their crush, they have already imagined how they would like the conversation to go.
15. The outer shyness is just a veil; shy girls are often bold inside their minds.
A shy demeanor is not necessarily conclusive. Shy girls are often bold in their thoughts. They are deep thinkers, and their imagination knows no bounds.
16. They like and admire all your social media activity, in fact that’s how they will track you.
17. They never initiate the conversation and are willing to wait till eternity.
Girls do normally wait for their crushes to make the first move, but shy girls can wait for an eternity if they have to, without ever complaining.