According to the Gurgaon police, two sisters – aged two and four years – died in their father’s car due to suffocation after they accidentally locked themselves inside.
The sisters were spotted only after they had been inside the sedan parked outside their house for two hours. Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crime) Rajesh Chechi said to Indian Express
“The older girl, after returning from school (at) 2:30 pm, took the automatic keys of their brand new car and got into the vehicle along with her sister to play. The family noticed them lying unconscious inside the car around 4:30 pm and took them to a hospital where they were declared brought dead.”
Chechi added that their parents did not check for the children, who were missing for a long time. The post-mortem was done on Thursday and the police are waiting for the report before they register any case.
The children’s father, a farmer, was in a state of shock.
However, doctors explained that there is a possibility that the children died due to the hot and humid conditions inside the car, which led to them falling unconscious.