Summer time gets hot and humid almost all over India. It is also the time for the kids’ summer vacations which makes it the best time to take a break and head for a vacation to a hill station. While regular vacations are fun and enjoyable, camping has become the latest trend among tourists looking to have an exciting vacation while also beating the summer heat. There are many places in India where tour operators offer camping facilities. These are best suited for people who want to get away not just from the heat but from the mad rush of city life and enjoy the peace and tranquility of nature for a while. So for your pleasure, here we go with a list of eminent summer camps in India.
10. Kolli Hill Resort:Kolli hills are situated right in the middle of Tamil Nadu. The Wild Orchid Camp situated at the Kolli Hill Resort is a great place to unwind for nature lovers. The accommodation is available in eco friendly Swiss tents surrounded by evergreen forests. Coffee, spices and rice are grown around the resort that fill it with intriguing aromas. It’s just 320 km from Chennai and a good place to visit during a weekend in the summer. There are many other attractions to explore nearby as well.
9. Jungle Park, Kerala:Jungle Park, a part of Green Magic Resorts are set in the Cardamom Hills in Kerala. The camp is inside a forested area and the accommodation is available on tree houses or villas. You can hike in the forest and surrounding hills or visit nearby horticulture farms. There is also an indoor recreation room for rainy days.
8. Sangla Valley Camping:Sangla Valley is a very picturesque valley hidden in the Himalayas. It is a great place to go camping during the summers and adventure tourists from all over the world come here every year. Kaza is a nearby adventure sports hub. Camping tours can be planned with tour operators or on your own. It is a great place to get away from the pollution of city life and get close to nature.
7. Banjara Camps, Spiti:Banjara Camps are located in Spiti valley in the adventure hub of Kaza. Banjara Camps and Retreats offers good camping facilities here and at other locations in Sojha, Sangla and Thanedar. The Spiti camp is situated at a height of 3600 meters which makes it a great treat for those looking to beat the heat of the plains and also have some adventure. Hikes and treks can be arranged and local sightseeing opportunities are also available.
6. Camp Exotica, Kullu:Camp Exotica is located in Kullu near Manali in Himachal Pradesh. The lodge is a great place to set up camp on a visit to this area. The accommodation is in tents that provide an incredible view all around, being right in the centre of the valley. The food available is of good quality and the overall hospitality of the camp makes sure your visit is pleasurable.
5. Tsomoriri Camp, Ladakh:
Tsomoriri camp is situated at Tsomoriri lake, 240 km from Leh. The camp is situated at a height of 4595 meters and is open from April to October. This is a great destination for camping in the Ladakh region. Accommodation is in tents and villas. Hikes and treks can be taken in the surrounding area.