10. Caligula, AD 41 (Roman emperor who was assassinated):
I am still alive!
9. Douglas Fairbanks Sr, 1939 (American Film Actor):
I’ve never felt better.
8. Joseph Henry Green, 1863 (British doctor, after checking his own pulse):
7. Catherine de Medici, 1589 (Queen of France):
Ah, my God, I am dead!
6. John Sedgwick, 1864 (American Civil War General shot by a sniper):
They couldn’t hit an elephant at this distance.
5. Lytton Strachey, 1932 (English Writer):
If this is dying, then I don’t think much of it.
4. Queen Victoria, 1901 (British Queen):
Oh, that peace may come. (a reference to the war at the time in South Africa). Bertie! (Her husband, Prince Albert)
3. Heinrich Himmler, 1945 (Nazi leader, as he committed suicide by taking poison):
I am Heinrich Himmler.
2. Oscar Wilde, 1900:
I am dying, as I have lived – beyond my means.
1. Julius Caesar, 44 BC:
Et tu Brute? (You as well, Brutus?)