Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) is a prized possession in the real sense. Almost every car manufacturing company has SUVs in its ranks due to their humongous consumer demand across the world. The foremost reason for the huge sale of these vehicles is that they are linked to a person’s status symbol in the modern society, and are almost all weather and all terrain rides. Here is a list of top 10 SUVs in the world.
10. Toyota Fortuner:Toyota Fortuner, also known as Toyota SW4 is a medium sized SUV that has experienced huge sales volume since the time of its launch in the market. It features 3 rows of seats and is available in rear-wheel drive and four wheel drive versions. It is available in different engine assembly ranging from 2.7 L 2TR-FE and 4.0 L 1 GR –FE V6 along with 2.5 L 2 KD-FTV and 3.0 L 1KD-FTV in different diesel models.
9. Acura RDX:It is the first compact crossover SUV ever launched by Acura. The vehicle features all wheel drive mechanism. It has a very powerful turbocharged gasoline engines. The Acura RDX has an interior with all modern features and occupancy for 5 passengers. It is one of the very few vehicles produced by Acura that is equipped with an Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body feature that absorbs energy during a collision.
8. Mahindra Quanto:It is aseven seater compact MPV that could also be termed as a mini version of Xylo. This small SUV was basically launched in the market by Mahindra automobile company to target urban buyers looking for a SUV like vehicle with more space and hatchback like flexibility. It is widely recommended as an alternative for high end diesel hatchbacks cars. It is available in C2, C4, C6 and C8 versions.
7. Honda CR-V:It is one of the most successful SUVs ever launched in its segment. The production of this luxurious car started way back in 1995 and is still regarded as one of the very best in the world. It is a compact crossover SUV that is available in four door model. It is available in both manual and automatic transmission mode and is widely regarded as a Compact Recreational Vehicle.
6. Mazda CX-9:Manufactured by Mazda, CX-9 is a fully automatic SUV. MAZDA CX-9 is a full size crossover SUV which possesses five doors. This highly luxurious SUV is available in all wheel drive configuration with six speed gear box configuration. The SUV is termed as a successor to Mazda MPV. The body of the Mazda CX-9 is pretty sleek, and yet the SUV features a vast 7-passenger interior.
5. Porsche Cayenne:
One of the most sold SUVs ever; the Porsche Cayenne is a luxurious German vehicle. Porsche Cayenne is a five door mid-size crossover SUV whose manufacturing started in the year 2002. It is available in the market in both 6 speed manual transmission as well as the six speed automatic transmission mode. The Cayenne draws power from a V8 engine.