Remember being asked to write these promises a 100 times on a piece of paper? The wastage of paper and parents cries, never reached our ears and we continued our deeds without repenting.
1. I will work hard for exams next time
When it came to studying you always had this excuse ready.
2. I will not watch TV for more than 2 hours
Your favorite TV shows didn’t stop getting telecasted.
3. I will do my homework on time
Never! This just never happened.
4. I will wake up in morning to study
Switching off the alarm was all that you did.
5. I will finish my lunchbox
Alas! Canteen food tasted yummier!
6. I will come home early
Your playtime just got extended day by day.
7. I will improve my handwriting
Till date you are struggling with that.
8. I will not bunk classes
The unavoidable urge to bunk made you break this promise often.
9. I will not sleep in class
This was simply uncontrollable.
10. I will be more polite with teachers
Rudeness was never forced, it came out automatically.
11. I will not fight with anyone
Your interest shifted from studying to fighting often.
12. I will reach class on time
Didn’t you make it a habit to reach after the prayers were over?
13. I will not talk in class
Silence was never golden for you.
14. I will not cheat
Carrying chits or peeping into neighbor’s answer sheets was your savior then.
15. I will do group studies with friends
Really? Did your parents buy that?
16. I will not call her names
Cursing was like a new invention for you and you just couldn’t stop using it.
17. I will not give excuses for not going to school
Our brain came up with some innovative ideas.