Navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba on September 17 said that preliminary investigation in the Scorpene data leak case found that the leak did not take place in India but in France.
He further added that the investigation revealed that the leak took place at the office of defence company DCNS and that the French government has already launched an inquiry into this.
Admiral Lanba, was in Mumbai, attending the launch ceremony
of Visakhapatnam class warship Mormugao when he addressed the media and said that they have set up a high-level committee to look into the Scorpene leak and based on this inquiry, they will know whether any mitigation measures are required or not.
He also added that in France both DCNS and the French government have launched a similar inquiry and based on all these inquiries, it would be decided what needs to be done.
Australian website ‘The Australian’ had recently revealed
that over 22,000 pages of secret data on India’s Scorpene submarines had been leaked and even put few details on the website.
The Scorpene submarines are being built at Mazagon Dock in Mumbai and costs around USD 3.5 billion.