There is a brilliant exchange of words between Amrish Puri and Raaj Kumar in the 1989 film, ‘Suryaa: An Awakening’. Puri plays the evil zamindaar and Raaj Kumar is the heroic Collector who is out there to make things better for the people harassed by the zamindaar.
1. This is how every bureaucrat should respond when the mai-baaps enter uninvited in the office of a public servant.
2. Only a public servant not afraid of consequences can say this.
3. No dark heart can influence the spirit of an honest officer.
4. No one can intimidate an honest bureaucrat.
5. Yes, all Collectors are not Chauhans but does that mean they should bow before injustice?
6. The same goes for legacy.
7. Whatever be the power of those who show cruelty to innocents, the power of those on the good side is always more.
8. And this is how one should lead.
If you are eager to see the two legends of cinema in action, watch this video: