We have been watching Salman Khan in action packed movies for quite some time now. So it is a refreshing change to see him don that romantic avatar once again. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
is the fourth collaboration between Sooraj Barjatya and Salman Khan. So here are some interesting behind-the-movie facts that will raise your curiosity to the next level.
1. Salman Khan and Rajshree productions are coming together again after a long gap of 16 years.
Their previous collaborations are Meine Pyaar Kiya, Hum Apke Hain Kaun
and Hum Saath Saath Hai.
2. The title of the movie is inspired from Meera’s bhajan, “Payo ji maine ram rattan dhan payo”.
Don’t you remember the famous bhajan in Lata Mangeshkar’s voice. It’s a treat to hear.
3. Sooraj Barjatya started working with Salman Khan at the age of 20 when he met him for the first time 27 years ago.
Well now we know the reason behind their great friendship. The outcomes of their relation have never been disappointing for the audiences. Let’s wait for his not so far blockbuster.
4. Salman’s reaction was hilarious when Sooraj Barjatya went to narrate this movie’s subject and told him the title.
Following a silence, Salman replied “Sooraj koi aur director hota bahar fikwa deta but you this name.” This shows his dedication and trust towards his friends.
5. Salman Khan considers Sooraj Barjatya to be the best director and human being he has ever met.
Nobody has to say anything about this, his movies say it all.
6. Salman Khan believes that Sooraj brings back our culture, our Hindustani sabhayata which we are loosing in the name of accepting modernity.
A lot of us think that adapting western culture will make them modern and up-to-date.
7. The teaser poster was to release 10 days earlier than it actually did.
They were not prepared with anything good by that time. So Salman suggested to release the one in which he is standing in royal blue kurta
with his arms wide open.
8. Salman will be playing a double role of a prince and a pauper: Prem and Vijay.
Was this a spoiler for you guys? I am sorry! Though we have seen Salman playing double roles in Judwa
very well but it is still exciting to wait for this new one.
9. Anupam Kher says it will be Salman Khan’s best film so far.
Isn’t this enough to accelerate your excitement for the movie?
10. Anupam Kher gave Sooraj his first job.
On the sets of Saaransh (31 years back, when he was an assistant), Anupam called Sooraj and asked him to bring the dialogue file. Sooraj did it eagerly and 31 years later, he is still very much eager towards his work.
11. It was Sonam’s childhood dream to act with Salman.
Sonam’s look in the movie is enticing and the duo shares amazing chemistry in the film.
12. Sonam Kapoor’s look in the movie is inspired from Aishwarya’s look in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.
Years later, the Ash-connection still exists in Salman’s life.
13. The film will be conveying a social message to the society like Bajrangi Bhaijaan did.
Now-a-days every Salman Khan movie conveys some message. He knows the need of the society.
14. Salman took special training for the sword play scene in the movie.
His dedication and hard work always pays him back. No wonder why he has such huge fan following.
15. Neil Nitin Mukesh is villain in the movie.
Spoiler alert! Finally he has some work to do. Hope, working with Salman will boost his career a bit.
So go, catch this cinema at a theatre near you this Diwali.