Mumbai Police Clears Shah Rukh Khan In Wankhede Brawl Case; Says ‘No Cognisable Offence’

5:02 pm 5 Oct, 2016


Mumbai Police on October 5 informed local magistrate court that they have finished their investigation against actor Shah Rukh Khan in connection to the Wankhede brawl case in 2012.

 

The Police in its report said that they found no ‘cognisable offence’ had taken place at Wankhede after which Shah Rukh was banned for five years from entering the cricket stadium.

“After the investigation, it was found that no cognisable offence had taken place.” – Mumbai Police

Shah Rukh Khan, who is also co-owner of the Indian Premier League team Kolkata Knight Riders, was accused of abusing the security personnel after getting into a brawl with the security staff .

Soon after the incident, a local activist had filed a complaint against Shah Rukh seeking action against him.

In his statement to the Mumbai Police, Khan had he denied the allegations and said that after his team won the match, his children, and their friends had entered the ground. At that time security guard, Vikas Dalvi had stopped them and asked them to leave.

At which point Khan has only told Dalvi that the children were with him, and said that nobody should touch them.


 

After which Khan’s business manager had taken the children out of the stadium.

Khan had also clarified that he only lost his cool after someone spoke to him in indecent language.

Further, Khan had revealed that the complainant, Amit Maru, had earlier filed a petition against him in 2008.

 

The High Court verdict had gone in Khan’s favour, and thus Maru may have filed the second complaint only for publicity.

In 2015, the Mumbai Cricket Association had lifted their ban against Shah Rukh, thus allowing him to enter the stadium again.

Discussions