If you’re guilty of viewing the past with some kind of idealism, these photos are only going to make your rose-tinted glasses rosier. Something about these black-and-white photos of yesteryear celebrities sent us on a nostalgic trip, so we thought we’ll share them with you.
1. Madhubala photographed by James Burke for LIFE magazine in 1951.
2. Silent Indian film actress Sita Devi in 1925
3. Kishore Kumar playing table tennis with his son Amit.
4. A very young Dharmendra.
5. Begum Para photographed by James Burke for LIFE magazine in 1951.
6. The original ‘item girl’ Helen
7. Sunil Dutt with son Sanjay Dutt and Kumar Gurav (Is that Mahesh Bhatt on the left?)
8. Tanuja photographed near a swimming pool.
9. Champagne flows freely during Jeetendra’s birthday party.
10. Kapil Dev playing football with Shahrukh Khan, Sohail Khan and Deepak Tijori.
11. Randhir Kapoor, Raj Kapoor and Rekha.
12. Kamaal Amrohi directs his wife, Meena Kumari, on the sets of ‘Pakeezah’.
13. Dilip Kumar and Nutan with their 1954 Filmfare Awards.
14. Shashi Kapoor, Manoj Kumar and Amitabh Bachchan with Deven Patel.
15. Amjad Khan with Sunil and Sanjay Dutt.