1. Sardars are happy-go-lucky and fun-loving people.
2. Sikhs are a proud race with a really glorious history.
3. Their religion teaches them to be brave; no matter what.
A Sardar is – Yaaran da Yaar
, the best among the friends.
4. Yes, they love their food and soft drinks; like everyone else .
5. Most of the time, they are in a jolly mood.
Well if you don’t get high on desi ghee – that is your problem. Sikhs might be a fun loving race, but it hurts like hell when you crack jokes that reflect on their parents and values. Instead, learn a thing or two about being in a cheerful mood from them!
6. When the situation demands, Sikhs are some of the most gregarious people on the planet.
But if you hit them under the belt with bad humor, their anger can be legendary too.
7. Dine at their homes; their moms will feed you with the same love as they feed their own kids.
And please keep mind that joking on what somebody eats is bad manners.
8. A successful community always becomes target for butt jokes.
All over the globe people have been cracking jokes on Jews, Christians out of jealousy.
9. Sardars have a great sense of humor; just don’t mock their faith.
10. It is easiest to make friends with a Sardar; more so when you wander lonely in distant foreign lands.
11. Their hardwork and exceptional entrepreneurship skills are recognized worldwide.
Be proud to be associated with a clan that has no qualms or shame when it comes to work.
12. Have you ever seen a Sikh beggar in your life? You never will.
But have you seen Sardars feeding hundreds and thousands of people every day? Yes, a lot.
13. Educate yourself about the meaning of “12 baj gaye,” please
Sikhs have a proud history of avenging the Mughals for their atrocities against helpless women and children. These planned attacks took place at midnight – 12 baje!
Next time you crack a joke; remind yourself that our Sikh ancestors were saviors of your ancestors, probably.
14. Nearly 65% soldiers in the Defense forces are Sikhs.
Sikhs form only 2% of the total population of India. But their contribution is way bigger than that number.
Respect the mothers who are willing to send their children to lay down their lives for the nation.
15. Nearly 80% of the wheat and rice production comes from the state of Punjab.
An extremely hardworking work force deserves more respect and acknowledgement for sure. “It is very easy to crack a joke on a Sardar, but very tough to be a Sardar.”