In a major terrorist attack on Indian Army installation following September 18 Uri attack, terrorists dressed in J&K Police fatigue, stormed the XVI Corps headquarters, and started firing indiscriminately apart from lobbing grenades.
Major Akshay Girish Kumar from Koramangala, Bengaluru Twitter
Major Kunal Ghasalvi of 166 Medium Regiment Artillery Twitter
They were awake as they were attending to their 18-month-old-babies.
As a result of gun fight between terrorists and armymen, as many as seven soldiers, including two army officers were martyred.
The Nagrota terror attack comes amid the ongoing escalation of infiltration by terrorists from the other side of the Line of Control and border.
1. Major Gosavi Kunal Mannadir, aged 33 years hailed from Village Pandharpur, Distt Solapur, Maharashtra.
2. Major Akshay Girish Kumar, aged 31 years , hails from Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka. He is survived by his wife Smt Sangeeta Ravinderan.
3. Havildar Sukhraj Singh, aged 32 years, hailed fromVillage Maan Nagar, PO Batala, District Gurdaspur, Punjab.
4. Lance Naik Kadam Sambhaji Yeshwantro aged 32 yrs, hailed from Village Janapuri, Post Office Wadepuri, Tehsil Loha, District Nanded, Maharashtra.
5. Grenadier Raghvendra Singh, aged 28 years, is survived by his wife, Smt Anjana Sikaewal.
6. Rifleman Asim Rai, aged 32 years, hailed from village Ratanchha, PO Khotang, Nepal.
7. Naik Chittranjan Debbarma, aged 37 years, hailed from village Garingpara, Bada Maidan Bazaar, Tehsil Ramchandraghat, Kalampur, West Tripura district, Tripura.