The humble sandwich has been one of the greatest gift which the Britishers best owed upon us. It can be had at any time, you donâ€™t need great cooking skills for it and the combinations that can be conjured up are endless. You can grill them, French toast them, bake them or even deep-fry them. They are served as small bite fulls in hi-tea, as foot longs on picnics or the classic triangle ones that can be had at any time and at any place. Most of us like our sandwich in a particular way and from a particular outlet only. Amchi Mumbai
is famous for sandwiches, and you can actually have a different one for 30 days in a row. Letâ€™s take you on a journey of sandwiches in Mumbai â€“
10. Chicken Afghani Sandwich Eat it at: Eat Around The Corner Ground Floor, 110 Cyrus House, near St. Theresa School, junction of 24th Road and 30th Road, Bandra (West)
The yogurt dip flavored with pepper and spring onions will set the ball rolling, for a memorable sandwich eating event. The generous helping of boiled chicken goes perfectly with the multi grained bread.
9. Brie and Caramelised Onion Sandwich Eat it at: CafÃ© Zoe Ground Floor, 110 Cyrus House, near St. Theresa School, junction of 24th Road and 30th Road,â€¨Bandra (West).
A sandwich, which is a classic example that little can be beautiful too with just three ingredients the caramelized onions, gooey Brie and arugula, you get the most tastiest combination of flavors ever. The perfect meal to order on your first day, and impress your woman.
8. Pulled Pork Belly with Chorizo Eat it at: Cafe at the NCPA Gate No. 2, National Centre for the Performing Arts, next to Amadeus, Nariman Point.
Eating this sandwich without any spillovers is an art very few have mastered. But we suggest you dig in and get dirty to enjoy it to the fullest. The heaps of pulled pork, the sweet blueberry balsamic and the crispy chorizo, need I say more.
7. Fresh Tomato and Bocconcini Sandwich Eat it at: The Tasting Room Good Earth, First Floor, Raghuvanshi Mills, 11-12 Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel.
Melting mozzarella between two freshly baked slices of whole wheat bread with a generous helping of pesto, lettuce and tomatoes – its simplicity defined with bursts of flavor.
6. Classic Egg Sandwich Eat it at: Big Sandwich Company Shop No.6, Greenland Apartment, J. B. Nagar, Andheri (East).
Like the name suggests it is the one stop junction for all versions of sandwiches. The perfect place for a scrumptious breakfast of egg sandwich, fluffy omelet and finish it off with a gooey chocolate grilled sandwich.
5. Avocado Chicken with Basil and Burnt Garlic Eat it at: Paninaro Peninsula Corporate Park, Lower Parel. Tel: 6565 5570; CR2 Mall, Ground Floor, Nariman Point.
The guacamole in the center will hit you with a bang. The creamy tomato and avocado filing has a taste that you will not find anywhere else. The smoked garlic, and the balsamic are sure to beckon you to come again.
4. Chorizo Bagel Eat it at The Bagel Shop 30 Pali Mala Road, off Carter Road, Bandra (West).
The combination of spicy sausage, cream cheese and bread cooked in pork fat is sure to leave a memorable after taste for hours. Weight watchers this is not the place for you.
3. Mushroom and Onion Savoury Sandwich Eat it at: Badshah Snacks & Cold Drinks Crawford Market
Itâ€™s a spicy sandwich that is mandatory to be washed down with a huge glass of Royal Falooda that will calm the kick of the onions and the chilly sautÃ©ed veggies.
2. Goa Sausage Chilli Fry With Poyee Eat it at: Cafe Goa at The Den Shops No.3 & 4,â€¨Prabhat Kunj, 24th Road, near The Elbo Room,Bandra (West).
We are talking about hot poyees- burger size Goan bread, filled with a chilly fry is sure to make you salivate. The chilly curry consists of Goan sausage, cooked in special species and masala. Specially recommended if you are feeling lonely, sad or heartbroken.
1. Mixed Vegetable Toastie Eat it at: Mohanâ€™s Sandwich Stall Opposite Shoppers Stop, outside the Dollar Shop, Linking Road, Bandra (West).
The long line of cars will let you know that you have arrived at your destination. Choose the sandwich with buttery toast and filling of tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, potatoes and cheese.