Home Minister Rajnath Singh has said that Pathankot attack will not disrupt the peace process of India and Pakistan.
He said that India should wait and give some more time to Pakistan to act against the culprits of Pathankot air base attack.
The minister said the Pakistan government has assured India that it would take every possible action against the perpetrators who allegedly belonged to Pakistan. “I think we should wait. There is no reason to distrust them.”
His remarks come in the backdrop of raids carried out by Pakistani authorities at different places in connection with Pathankot attack leading to arrest of some people on January 11. Pakistan has reportedly carried out raids in areas which are considered to be the strong-hold of Jaish-e-Mohammad, which is suspected to have carried out Pathankot attack in which seven soldiers were killed.
The raids were conducted in Gujranwala, Jhelum and Bahawalpur districts.
Earlier, Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif called Prime Minister Narendra Modi and assured him that those behind the Pathankot attack will be punished. Sharif has also ordered the formation of a high-profile joint investigation team (JIT) to investigate the links of the Pathankot air base attackers with Pakistan, reports suggested.
Both the leaders are making efforts to continue the comprehensive dialogue process which got renewed after PM Modi made a surprise visit to Lahore. In this effort, Nawaz Sharif has set up a Joint Investigation Team of IB, Inter-Services Intelligence, Military Intelligence, Federal Investigation Agency and Police to thoroughly probe the Pathankot attack links to Pakistan.
Indo-Pak Foreign Secretary-level talks are scheduled to begin in Islamabad on January 15 and every effort is being made that talks must go on between the two countries.
According to the United States, Pakistan is taking serious steps to apprehend the conspirators behind the terrorist strike at the Pathankot Air Force base.
Secretary of State John Kerry spoke to Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif last week about the need for continuing dialogue in general terms, according to the State Department spokesperson.