“Except for words of people and names of countries, whatever document he wants, except when directly it impacts security of the nation or it involves names of some other officers, that can be blacked out, the info has to be given to him,” he said.
Lt Col Prasad Purohit outlook india
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) had earlier said that Lieutenant Colonel Purohit was never an accused in the Samjhauta blast case, adding there is no proof against him. The case is to unravel a criminal conspiracy behind the bomb blasts in the Attari Express (Samjhauta) train near Panipat, Haryana, on February 18, 2007. 68 people were killed in the blast and the consequent fire.
Purohit claimed he had infiltrated groups like SIMI and Naxals as a military intelligence operative and added that he had shared every detail of his operations with his seniors.
Lieutenant Colonel Purohit is also an accused in the bombing in Malegaon area of Maharashtra on September 29, 2008. Four people were killed while several others injured in the Malegaon blast. The probe was initially conducted by the Maharashtra ATS and later handed over to the NIA.
2008 Malegaon blast case zeenews