Dr. Kostas Siozios, a Senior Research Associate in the Department of Computer Science, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece, made a long list of the everyday issues faced by a research scholar. Himself a PhD, no one could have understood and presented the often hair-tearing life of a PhD scholar in such a humour laden way.
1. How good my supervisor is at ignoring my problems.
2. How my professor sees me.
3. Professor says it’s time to hand in the thesis.
4. Solving a problem as PhD student.
5. Solving a problem as Professor.
6. PhD student supervises a master student.
7. The last evening before deadline.
8. Advisor tells you to resubmit the rejected paper to another conference – reviews are even worse.
9. After winning the best paper award
10. Defending the thesis (How I feel)
11. Submitted my paper 5 seconds before the deadline.