These are ‘real’ people out there who are busy clicking ‘awe-inspiring’ photographs of people, animals and landscapes around the Himalaya. So much so that some of them have even left their homes and have made these mountains in Himachal as their new base stations. You should follow them if you need some travel inspiration. And even if you don’t need any, follow them to get ideas about your next winter/summer travel destination for free. These guys do know the trade and are unravelling the secrets of the Himalaya on Instagram.
1. Neelima V Neelima V is a writer for
National Geographic and
So don’t be surprised if you find her timeline flooded with incredible pictures. Some of the photographs might even look unreal because she is too good at what she does. A must follow handle for amazingly beautiful pictures of Himalayan landscapes in all their glory.
2. Abhinav Chandel Abhinav Chandel loves writing and that’s what makes his photographs unique. The music of mountains flows through his pen and every photograph that he posts is a song in itself. He spends most of his time in and around Dharamshala. It’s highly likely that you will find him exploring the foothills of Dhauladhars on your next trip to Triund.
3. Varun Chaudhary On the road. Behind the lens. That’s what defines this young man from Shimla. A vibrant Insta feed full of wide-eyed and wide-angle shots. His photographs give you an intense flavour of the locale. Also, nobody knows Shimla better than Varun does. You gotta check out his Insta feed to believe us.
4. Abhijeet Singh
Abhijeet Singh is the guy who climbed a frozen waterfall in Spiti. A hardcore climber who draws inspiration from the mountains he climbs. Propelled by Yoga. A featured mountaineer on Outside and Alpinist Magazine. His Insta feed is ‘a w e s o m e’. Go Follow!
5. Tarun Goel Remote. Remoter. Remotest. That’s where this bearded fellow will take you. To the extreme ends of Himachal Pradesh. Across the passes, beyond the mountains. To the distant lakes that change colour every hour as the sun moves. A newbie on Insta. But hey! we know how to spot talent, don’t we?
6. Shubham Mansingka
A Rajasthani boy who battled asthma and then made these Himalayan Roads his home. His mantra; let no hindrance be too big when you think about travel. Coming from an Asthmatic guy scaling towering heights in the Himalaya, that surely inspires.
7. Kshitij Jassal A Shimlite forever. The Toy Train expert. From Shimla to Kalka, the toy train passes through several tunnels and bridges. You may find Kshitij in one of those tunnels or under the bridges. Sometimes behind the train and sometimes bang in front of it. Waiting for his right moment.