India Gives A Befitting Reply To Pakistan By Conducting Surgical Strikes Across LoC

2:11 pm 29 Sep, 2016


Indian Army has claimed that it has conducted surgical strikes on terror launch pads at the Line of Control (LoC) on September 28 night.

Sources said that the operation was a combination of heliborne and ground forces, and seven terror launch pads were destroyed in the strike across LoC.

 

Reiterating Indian Army’s conviction to eradicate terrorism, DGMO Lt General Ranbir Singh said the motive behind the operation was to hit out terrorists who were planning to infiltrate into Indian territory and were also planning to attack metros in India.

 

There were no Indian casualties during the strikes.

Gen Singh said India shared with Pak army details of the surgical strikes which followed “very specific information” that terrorists were positioning themselves in the launch pads along the LoC.

defenceforumindia

defenceforumindia

“The operations were focused to ensure that these terrorists do not succeed in endangering lives of citizens in our country. The operations have since ceased,” Lt. Gen Ranbir Singh said.

 

“We do not have any plans to continue. However the Indian armed forces are fully prepared to deal with any contingency which may arise. I have spoken to Pakistani DGMO and expressed our concern. It is India’s intention to maintain peace and tranquillity in the region but we cannot certainly allow terrorists to operate across the Line of Control with impunity and attack our citizens,” said the DGMO.

As precautionary measures, villages in Punjab which are 10km from International Border with Pakistan have been evacuated, and additional BSF troops have moved in.

Soon after the attacks, Pakistani Defence Minister Khawaja Asif, claimed that the surgical strikes by Indian Army in Pak territory, has led to death of two soldiers and nine getting injured, reports ANI.

tribune

tribune

On the same line, Pakistan’s Inter Services Public Relations said that there was “no surgical strike by India, instead there had been cross border fire initiated by India.”

“The notion of surgical strike linked to alleged terrorists bases is an illusion being deliberately generated by Indian to create false effects,” the Pakistani military said in a statement.

“This quest by Indian establishment to create media hype by rebranding cross border fire as surgical strike is fabrication of truth. Pakistan has made it clear that if there is a surgical strike on Pakistani soil, same will be strongly responded.”

The attack was carried out following the September 18 terror strike in Uri that claimed 18 Indian soldiers.

indianexpress

indianexpress

 

The DGMO pointed out that during the investigation of the Uri terror attack, the proof of the involvement of Pakistani elements was clearly discovered.

Meanwhile, three ceasefire violations by Pakistan were reported along the LoC in the last 24 hours.

First Post

First Post

Home Minister Rajnath Singh has informed Chief Ministers of Punjab, West Bengal and Odisha, CPI-M’s Sitaram Yechury and Congress’ Ghulam Nabi Azad about surgical strikes.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi was also scheduled to hold a high-level meeting on September 29 to review the Most Favoured Nation status granted to Pakistan, but that meeting has now been rescheduled for next week.

indianexpress

indianexpress

India had also summoned Pakistan high commissioner Abdul Basit and handed over evidence that proved the terrorists that attacked an army base in Uri and left 18 jawans dead, did come in from across the Line of Control.

Discussions