We use so many things in our everyday lives – from utensils to clothes, stationery to electronic goods and many others. And all of them come with features for one purpose or the other.
In this post, we bring you a few things that we all use in our everyday lives, which have some cleverly hidden features in them. And we bet you didn’t know or even care to know them still. Take a look and get to know them.
1. That small hole in your iPhone
It is nothing but a microphone embedded into the phone body.
2. The small raised lines on the F and J keys of your keyboard
They are made to help you find the home keys when you are typing away.
3. That bump at the end of your laptop charger
It is not only for looks, but it helps to prevent interference in the cable.
4. Those small white hooks on Apple chargers
They are not without purpose. They are made to make the task of wrapping up the cable easy.
5. The two little rivets above the soles of your sneakers or canvas
They are meant to keep your sneakers waterproof and to let in fresh air.
6. That small hole at the top of the pen cap
It is to ensure the safety of children in case they accidentally swallow it, so that they don’t choke.
7. Those bottle indents, especially on wine bottles
The scientific reason for these is to keep the pressure even when the bottle is corked. The rule is – the higher the pressure, the deeper the indent.
8. That hole in the handle of some pots
It is not merely for hanging it after washing. One can also keep the spoon there!
9. Those metal rivets on jeans
They are placed on those areas of the jeans that are prone to be pulled apart by strain or movement. They reinforce stress points of the jeans that tend to tear.
10. Those small pieces of plastic inside bottle caps
They play the role of an extra sealant and keep the liquid and carbonation in.
11. That small hole on the bottom of padlocks
It is needed to oil the lock and also to drain water out of it.
12. The crinkled side in bobby pins
They are meant to be at the bottom that helps in keeping the pin in place for a long time.
13. That arrow gauge on your car
It shows which side the tank is on.