Gurgaon Police Books Saudi Diplomat For Alleged Gangrape Of Two Nepali Women

A senior Saudi diplomat has been booked for alleged gangrape and wrongful confinement of two women, reports Indian Express.

According to Gurgaon police, the two women — a 44 year-old and her daughter, 20, from Nepal —who were hired as domestic help were rescued from his residence in Gurgaon after a raid on Monday night.

The women were allegedly kept as hostages for more than a month and were assaulted, threatened and forced to have unnatural sex over a period of four months.

According to police, the women were reportedly lured to Delhi about four months ago by a female trafficker who promised them a well-paid job in Saudi Arabia. They were sold to an agent in Delhi for Rs.1 lakh each, and then to the diplomat.

The police, along with NGO Maiti Nepal India, raided the diplomat’s apartment after it received a letter from the Nepal embassy regarding women’s plight.

Police also got a tip-off from the NGO. A senior official said:

“A few days ago, a domestic help had gone to the diplomat’s place for work, but fled after seeing the condition of the two victims. She then went to this NGO and alerted them. An investigation began on the basis of her account.”


Several policewomen were assaulted by the guards of the diplomat when the police team sought to rescue the two women.

Rajesh Kumar Chechi, Gurgaon Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crime), said:

“They (the victims) were brought to the police station and later sent to the civil hospital for a medical examination that confirmed rape and sexual assault.”

Though no one has been arrested so far, the diplomat, his wife and others involved have been booked under sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). According to the police, the diplomat’s wife was aware of the sexual assault and even supported her husband.

However, Saudi Ambassador Saud Mohammed Alsati said:

“This is completely false. We would not like to comment any further since the case is under investigation by the Indian police.”

A senior official confirmed that the police has written a letter to the Ministry of External Affairs on Tuesday seeking permission for further investigation into the diplomat’s involvement in the rape case.


Facebook Discussions