German Leisure Centre Becomes First To Ban All Migrants After A Schoolgirl Was Sexually Assaulted

A German leisure centre in Bornheim, North Rhine-Westphalia, became the first in the country to ban all migrants, after a schoolgirl was sexually assaulted in a public swimming pool by Syrian teenagers.

Earlier this month three Syrian boys were arrested in this matter in Munich. The country is facing serious and growing cases of sex crimes perpetrated by these refugees.

The three boys in Munich allegedly surrounded the 17-year-old girl in the pool before one of them touched underneath her swimming costume – an offence treated as rape under local law.

When the 14-year-old-sister of girl tried to help her sister and stop them, she too was attacked by the three boys who all were aged under 15.

The girls somehow managed to escape and raise alarm with the lifeguard at the swimming pool, who called police.

All the boys will be prosecuted under the juvenile law as all of them were only 15, and that is the reason they were not send to custody.

The attack comes after an 18-year-old refugee was alleged to have grabbed and kissed a 54-year-old in Bornheim. The boy grabbed the old woman’s private parts and attempted to kiss her.

The victim was rescued by a couple who heard her screams and ran to help her. They averted a major incident which could have damaged the old woman’s life and chastity. The teenager was arrested later.

Markus Schnapka, Deputy Mayor and Bornheim social affairs Councillor said after this incident an emergency meeting of locals was called where closing of swimming poll decision was taken and was announced as well.

Calling the decision a difficult one, he said that many innocent refugees will also get affected by this.

Schnapka said that, till this time no such incident had resulted in criminal complaints. But he maintained that this was action was necessary to prevent the situation getting worse or escalate in any case.

“We are mainly talking about verbal attacks.”

At the moment, 300 refugees are living in Bornheim. They have been conveyed that the ban will be lifted when they will get the sense of respecting the woman.

Refugees arrive at the train station in Saalfeld, central Germany, Saturday, Sept. 5, 2015. Hundreds of refugees arrived in a train from Munich to be transported by busses to an accomodation centre. (AP Photo/Jens Meyer)

Refugees arrive in Germany. indianexpress

According to reports more than three hundred women were being sexually assaulted by groups mostly Arab or North African in Cologne during New Year celebrations.

Many complaints have been filed by police, with about 45 per cent involving allegations of sexual offences, and most of those who have been identified as suspects are men of Arab or North African descent.

This attack has given chance by right-wing groups as evidence that chancellor Angela Merkel’s open entry to refugees is the policy which has failed.

And more than 200 masked right-wing supporters, carrying placards with racist overtones, went on a rampage in the eastern city of Leipzig earlier this week, breaking windows and vandalising buildings.

On the other side, German police has claimed that they have solved the sex attack, in which the rape and attempted murder of 24-year-old woman on Christmas Eve after tracing a DNA to a man in a nearby asylum home.

The alleged attacker, aged 20 and from Morocco, had been previously arrested for theft in Dusseldorf where a sample had been taken that allowed him to be identified as the rapist.

The attacker approached her from behind and beat her unconscious before dragging her into the cemetery to rape her. Frank Baranowski, local mayor said that violence against women is always despicable and criminal.

‘It is a great shame that this has been shown to be a case where the alleged attacker is from the ranks of the asylum seekers, who only a short time before were welcomed into our community here in Gelsenkirchen.”

He said that this is not only a gross disregard for hospitality but also inhumane.


Facebook Discussions