With more than 50 years in the industry, he still manages to find a place in the top listed personalities in the movie industry. If you are a big fan of this unique and amusing personality, Jackie Chan, then you surely need to know some interesting facts about him.
1. Jackie Chan was born as Chan Kong-sang. His nickname was Pao-pao because he always kept rolling around in his childhood.
2. He began his career in the film industry when he was five.
3. Chan’s first nude sex scene was in the comic adult movie, All In The Family; this was his only movie without a single fight scene and stunt shots.
4. While he was working as a construction worker, a fellow builder named Jack took Chan under his wing, Chan then became known as ‘Little Jack’ and finally as ‘Jackie’.
5. Chan professionally started producing songs in the 1980s and became a successful singer in Asia.
6. Chan knows various languages – Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Taiwanese and English.
7. Besides being a great martial artist, Chan also attained his Doctor of Social Science degree in 1996 from Hong Kong Baptist University.
8. Jackie Chan is currently a teaching faculty of tourism management in a school of hotel and tourism management.
9. Jackie is an avid football lover and supports the Hong Kong national football team, Manchester City and England national football team.
10. Chan said in an interview that his inspiration to perform stunts was from films such as ‘The General’ where Buster Keaton performed his own stunts.
11. Chan owns a Guinness World Record for most stunts by a living actor, and adds “no insurance company will underwrite Chan’s productions in which he performs all his own stunts”.
12. Jackie said that he does not understand American humor, nor does he like any action scenes in American movies.
13. He got a break through his movie Snake In The Eagle’s Shadow due to his talent of incorporating the stunts into a comedy genre.
14. This great man has also earned life time achievement award from Taurus World Stunt Awards.
15. The reason for Mitsubishi cars being in lots of his movies is that Chan has a sponsorship deal with Mitsubishi.
16. A Japanese game released on MSX by Pony is based on a series of Jackie Chan’s movies.
17. As evident by his good-natured style, Chan has always wanted to be a role model for children around the world.
18. Because he didn’t get a proper education, funding various educational organizations remains constant with him.
19. This soft-hearted man has helped fund and establish schools in poor regions of China.
20. During the inauguration of Hong Kong Disneyland in 2005, he was the first person to be invited to participate in the opening ceremony.
21. In addition to film production, Jackie also owns JC Group China, Jackie & Willie Production and Jackie & JJ Production.
22. In 2004, Jackie Chan established his own clothing line with a symbol of a dragon and his name written on it or the initial ‘JC’ on it.
23. In 1988, Chan also opened Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation to offer scholarship and provide help to victims of illnesses or disasters.
24. Bruce Lee injured Jackie Chan in a fight scene from the iconic action flick, ‘Enter The Dragon’.