Much to your excitement, here are some images of an abandoned airplane that was buried in frozen continent. Due to adverse weather, the Lockheed Constellation ‘Pegasus’ crashed in Antarctica’s wintry field on October 8, 1970. The crash site, which now is called Pegasus Field, has now become a must-visit spot for travellers of Antarctica.
1. It crashed on October 8, 1970, in an icy field of Antarctica
2. It was Pegasus, a C-121 Lockheed Constellation
3. No one was hurt in the aircrash
4. Landing strip named in honour of the fallen aircraft
5. The surrounding area is now called Pegasus Field
6. Even today, it lies at exact position
7. The crash site is widely visited by Antarctica adventurers