We have always related Bollywood celebrities with riches, fame and luxury. It comes as a surprise when we hear that watchman, broker, carpenter, waiter, bus conductor are the jobs which some of the Bollywood celebs actually did before they hit the big screen.
1. Amitabh Bachchan – Executive, Freight Broker Shehenshah
of Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan worked as an executive in Shaw Wallace company and later as a freight broker for Bird and Co. in Kolkata.
2. Boman Irani – Waiter, Bakery Manager
Irani worked as a waiter and room service staff at Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai. A few years later, he helped his mother run their ancestral bakery business.
3. Johnny Lever – Pen Vendor
It comes as a surprise when we hear that the superb comedy actor Johnny Lever worked as a pen vendor on the streets.
4. Rajnikanth – Bus Conductor, Coolie, Carpenter
Rajnikanth (Thalaiva aka Shivaji Rao) undertook various odd and laborious jobs before bursting on the silver screen. He worked as a bus conductor, a coolie
and also as a carpenter.
5. Jacqueline Fernandez – TV Host, TV Reporter
With a graduate degree in Mass Media, this Sri Lankan beauty queen hosted various local TV shows and also worked as a TV reporter.
6. Nawazuddin Siddiqui – Watchman, Chemist
The man with lot of cinematic accomplishments, Nawazuddin Siddiqui worked as a watchman and chemist to earn his livelihood.
7. John Abraham – Media Planner
The man who remains one of the most qualified actors in Bollywood, John Abraham worked as a media planner, which helped him to make his way in Bollywood.
8. Ranveer Singh – Copywriter
The man who is constantly making headlines, Ranveer Singh worked as a copywriter with advertising agencies like J. Walter Thompson and O&M.
9. Sonakshi Sinha – Costume Designer
Before making her career as full time actress in Bollywood, Sonakshi Sinha worked as a costume designer.
10. Akshay Kumar – Waiter, Chef
Before Bollywood came calling, Akshay Kumar worked as a chef and waiter in Bangkok.
11. Dilip Kumar – Dry Fruit Seller
Before entering the film industry, Dilip Kumar run a canteen business and sold dry fruits in Pune.
12. Dev Anand – Clerk
This versatile actor worked as a clerk in the Censor’s office before he became an actor.
13. Sunny Leone – Staff Worker At Bakery And Tax Firm
Popularly known as Sunny Leone, Karenjit Kaur Vohra worked at a German Bakery and later in a Tax and Retirement firm.
14. Ameesha Patel – Economic Analyst
Before getting a breakthrough in ‘Kaho Na Pyaar Hai’, Ameesha Patel worked as an economic analyst at a securities firm.
15. Arshad Warsi – Cosmetic Salesman
Arshad was a door-to-door cosmetic salesman and later worked in a photo lab before hitting the big screen.