Photographer Blake Little hit upon this unique idea of using honey on live models to give this ‘mummified effect’. The result is so stunning that you cannot but agree with Little’s title of the project – Preservation. If you were not told that these are real people, you would have mistook them for an archaeological find.
1. Atlas rising.
2. This looks like a Smiling Buddha statue.
3. A buccaneer from the Golden Age of Piracy?
4. It is as if a beautiful wax sculpture is melting.
5. An expression of joyous contentment.
6. Just like the rest, this image looks like a statue from for the Renaissance period.
7. Another preserved sculpture?
8. This is not a painting but it sure looks like it is.
9. I am sure Michelangelo would have used this method if cameras were available in his time.
10. If Native Americans made sculptures in the 17th century, this is what they would have looked like.
11. Finding love.
12. Waking princess.
Any or all of these photographs can be purchased here. More of Blake Little’s work can be seen here.