Tulsi, or basil, is worshiped as per Hindu mythology. This is due to the innumerable benefits that it provides to the body. From physical to mental healing, tulsi is said to cure you of ailments and diseases while refreshing the mind. Here are some of the popular benefits of consuming tulsi:
1. If consumed daily, it helps to increase immunity due to the antioxidants present in it.
2. It also helps to quit smoking and regulate respiration by reducing problems related to breathing.
3. It reduces blood cholesterol levels and helps to avoid heart problems.
4. Warm tulsi juice helps to get rid of stomach worms.
5. It helps in treating common cold and cough by providing warmth to the body.
6. Good for teeth, it helps to prevent gum inflammation and can also be used as a mouth wash.
7. When applied on the forehead with sandalwood paste, it reduces headache.
8. It is quite powerful in treating constipation and helps to regulate the digestive system.
9. It helps to control blood sugar levels and is very useful for diabetic patients.
10. It helps to treat oral cancer and breast cancer along with proper medication.
11. It helps to soothe the nervous system and relieves one from stress.
12. It helps to get rid of kidney stones if had as a juice along with honey.
13. Tulsi leaves boiled in water help to prevent the onset of malaria and dengue fever in the body.
14. It helps to get rid of dandruff and dry scalp. Tulsi leaves should be used to relieve itchiness in the head.
15. Tulsi juice and coconut oil helps to reduce the pains caused by burns.
16. It helps to cure skin diseases like boils and ringworm.
17. It helps to moisturize the skin, making it look younger.
18. It is very useful in treating pimples and acne and also helps to get rid of scars and marks.
So, the next time you chew a basil leaf, remember what magic it is doing to your body!