Afraid to make that first step? Scared you’ll be rejected? No problem, because half your worries just evaporated when you admitted them. Now for the other half, you need to know what to say. Luckily for you, there’s a list of what not to say, especially in India. A blessing in disguise? You betcha!
15. Wanna take a ride in my truck? It’s aFord… it’s exotic.
Very rarely will a girl get a car reference.
14. I’m a man! You’re a woman! You do the math!
If you’re picking up a girl/guy in a bar, don’t ever ask them to do math. Major buzzkill.
13. Screw me if I’m wrong, but is your name Iolanthe?
As smooth as that sounds, I doubt it’ll ever get you what you’re looking for.
12. How you doin’?
Everyone loves Joey, no one loves a Joey impersonator.
11. People say I’m a player, but I’m really not!
Modesty should seem….modest, don’t you think?
10. Would you like to do fraandship?
That’s not gonna work in any country, even the one’s which don’t speak English.
9. You look like Kareena Kapoor/Deepika Padukone!
Never set a standard for what a woman looks like, especially if you don’t know whether they like them or not.
8. Excuse me, can you help me find these directions… To your heart?
7. Do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I walk by again?
How is it first sight if you walk by again…? Wouldn’t it be second sight? And if she didn’t notice you the first time, chances are you can do a strip tease in front of her and she still wouldn’t know you’re there.
6. Have I seen you somewhere? I think we’ve met before.
If you ‘think’ you’ve met her, it gives her the impression that she wasn’t worth remembering. Try not to lead with this.
5. I don’t normally talk to girls in bars, but I have to talk to you!
4. We should hook up.
Take your right hand, stretch it out and slap yourself really hard! Now walk away…. Here are a few hilarious ones I just had to throw in:
3. Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
2. I promise I won’t videotape you in your sleep and sell the video on theInternetmore than once.
1. You’re hotter than my daughter.